Boys & Girls Clubs of America works hard every day to make a difference in the lives of youth in communities all over the world. Our Clubs serve millions of boys and girls, with more than thousands of Clubs at locations in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands -- and on domestic and international U.S. military bases. Club programs and services promote and enhance the development of young people by instilling a sense of competence, usefulness, belonging and pride.
About Strategic Leadership Development – Learning Technology:
Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s (BGCA) Strategic Leadership Development Learning Technology team ensures alignment of learning technology solutions to meet the professional development needs of diverse roles and responsibilities of staff and volunteers.
• Project Management - How to manage a project from start to finish.
• Data Analysis - How to collect, analyze, and make informed decisions about potential target audience, needs, preferences and learning delivery mediums.
• Content Development - How to develop best practices/case studies from previously executed campaigns and industry-wide templates.
• System Documentation – How to develop protocols and standards to support learning technology implementations.
• Assist in development and or maintenance of content for a wide range of learning delivery content, including: social media, website, email and print collateral
• Steward relationships with Learning Technologies and Learning Strategies professionals through the sharing of engaging and compelling information
• Assist in creating monthly reports that highlight key learning metrics
• Participate in stakeholder meetings to determine development specifications
• Assist in the design and or revision of development standards
• Creation of online surveys, evaluations and assessments to collect feedback on a variety of learning experiences
• Develop reference aids to assist in the documentation of development processes
• Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of learning technology mobile and or SharePoint content
• Receive mentoring and shadowing opportunities
• Demonstrate BGCA ICARE values and uphold those same values in others
• Adhere to organizational policies and procedures as described in BGCA's Intern Policy, Ethics Policy and elsewhere
Current undergraduate or graduate degree program participant. Preferred knowledge of application of learning technologies strategies, and methodologies. Preferred knowledge of principles applicable to online and blended instruction; technical writing and user support.
Some experience either in online learning design, development, and or implementation. Experience in SharePoint and mobile development is a plus. Some experience with or willingness to learn technical applications and development tools including Cornerstone OnDemand Learning Management System, etouches event management system, Adobe Connect, SharePoint, Articulate 360, Adobe Presenter, Photoshop and or Adobe Connect.
Applicants should demonstrate a positive attitude and an interest in Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Strong interest in development and application of learning technologies. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to manage time appropriately. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Applicants should be self-motivated and able to work independently and collaboratively.
Physical and Mental Requirements
Demonstrated ability in: decision-making: selecting the most appropriate course of action in a given situation; interpersonal skills: establishing personal and professional relationships among diverse internal and external publics; comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities; light duty lifting (30 pounds) possible.