Boys & Girls Clubs of America works hard every day to make a difference in the lives of youth in communities all over the world. Our Clubs serve millions of boys and girls, with more than thousands of Clubs at locations in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands -- and on domestic and international U.S. military bases. Club programs and services promote and enhance the development of young people by instilling a sense of competence, usefulness, belonging and pride.
About Strategic Leadership Development – Learning Technology:
Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s (BGCA) Strategic Leadership Development Learning Technology team ensures alignment of learning technology solutions to meet the professional development needs of diverse roles and responsibilities of staff and volunteers.
• Project Management - How to manage a project from start to finish.
• Marketing Strategy - How to develop and implement marketing strategies at a national and localized level.
• Data Analysis - How to collect, analyze, and make informed decisions about potential target audience, needs, preferences and learning content.
• Communications - How to, create, disseminate and maintain advertising and communications mediums, (i.e. website, calendar, system home pages, newsletter, etc).
• Content Development - How to develop best practices/case studies from previously executed campaigns and industry-wide templates.
• Assist in development, maintenance and or communication of content for a wide range of learning delivery channels, including: social media, website, email and print collateral
• Manage digital content to support BGCA learning and professional development needs
• Help to promote resources currently offered on our Spillett Leadership University Learning Management System
• Steward relationships with Learning Technologies and Learning Strategies professionals through the sharing of engaging and compelling information
• Assist in creating monthly reports that highlight key Marketing initiatives and metrics
• Stay up-to-date and provide on-going research on current marketing trends
• Receive mentoring and shadowing opportunities
• Demonstrate BGCA ICARE values and uphold those same values in others
• Adhere to organizational policies and procedures as described in BGCA's Intern Policy, Ethics Policy and elsewhere
Currently enrolled as Junior or Senior in an undergraduate program or have obtained an undergraduate degree with excellent academic standing. Must have knowledge and or interest in marketing/advertise with a strong emphasis on digital content development.
Prior marketing internship or work experience highly preferred. Experience in Microsoft Office suite and social media is a must.
Applicants should demonstrate a positive attitude and an interest in Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to manage time appropriately. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Applicants should be self-motivated and able to work independently and collaboratively.
Physical and Mental Requirements
Demonstrated ability in: decision-making: selecting the most appropriate course of action in a given situation; interpersonal skills: establishing personal and professional relationships among diverse internal and external publics; comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities; light duty lifting (30 pounds) possible.