Under the supervision of the National Director, Creative Services, the Graphic Design Intern will have the opportunity to work with our talented creative team and contribute in the execution and organization of creative assets and graphic development in support of Marketing & Communications strategies.
In this role, your skills will be used to conceptualize and design a range of marketing materials and will play a key role in organizing video and photo asset files.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of creative design principles, photo and video file formats, and Adobe Creative software. The Graphic Design Intern must be able to manage tasks as assigned, problem solve, and drive projects through to completion.
This is a part-time, 25 hours/week unpaid internship.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Self-starter with dedication to detail and organization.
• Ability to manage and organize high volumes of content (photo and video assets).
• Proficiency working with the latest versions of applicable Adobe Creative and Microsoft programs: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Mac OS, OneDrive, Outlook, Word and Powerpoint
• Ability to work within a close-knit, small team dynamic
• Ability to work independently and manage communications on all levels
• Excellent verbal communication and written communication skills
• Interest in youth development, non-profit, design, photography, videography
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Attend team and traffic report meetings as necessary.
• Work closely with the creative team in the development of print materials and graphic assets including, but not limited to: brochures, posters, manuals, signage, infographics and charts
• Prepare and submit design files for print as needed
• Maintain appropriate naming and archiving of graphics, images, video and designs
• Collaborate with photo and video editors for data and asset entry into digital asset management system
• Demonstrate BGCA mission driven values of integrity, excellence and inclusion and integrate into work environment and ways of work.
• Adhere to organizational policies and procedures as described in BGCA's Employee Handbook, Ethics Policy and elsewhere.
• Currently pursuing a degree in graphic design, preferably as a junior or senior