The Program Manager will, under the supervision of the Alliance Director; establish and provide effective management and oversight for all Alliance programs including Illinois Teen REACH, 21st Century Community Learning Centers, all-staff training for member-partner organizations in Illinois and others. This position is responsible for ensuring quality and innovative programs that address the unique and diverse needs of both club kids and staff in Illinois. Will identify and monitor potential funding opportunities, including attending relevant hearings and meetings as directed. Will assist in drafting and obtaining documents to support proposals for funding in support of Club activities and programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Demonstrate ability to integrate our BGCA mission driven values (“ICARE”) in to one’s work ethic, environment and relationships
• Coordinate, plan and manage execution of training programs to support Teen REACH, 21st Century Community Learning Centers and other Alliance funded project or services.
• Assist with preparation of annual State Youth of the Year celebration and other event planning as needed.
• Facilitate communication with organization(s) regarding Alliance programs, personal visits to Clubs to seek & provide input. Coordinate Program committee activity as directed to empower program development, objectives and agendas.
• Work in concert with grant funded evaluators, when appropriate and/or conduct comprehensive annual evaluation and analysis of all Alliance programs. Provide and develop reporting and recommendation of findings.
• Research and enable best practices and innovative trends in similar programs and program areas. Expand the reach and impact of all programs while managing and supporting existing program purpose.
• Assist and support the identification and pursuit of grant and funding opportunities aligned with the strategic direction and objectives of the Alliance and BGCA. Similarly support and assist Clubs when appropriate and directed by supervisor.
• Assist in marketing and communication efforts. Attend and present at conferences to promote Alliance/BGCA programs. Manage administrative logistics of establishing and running programs, inclusive of marketing, training, and distribution of program materials.
• Communicate with Clubs regularly to discuss program effectiveness and potential improvements including a goal of one in-person visit annually.
• Oversee and be responsible for the collection, review and compilation of program documentation for reports to funders as required and provide any needed technical assistance and support to Clubs in order to be successful.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• BA/BS degree
• 2+ years of experience managing programs
• Nonprofit or philanthropic experience
• Youth development experience
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and multiple social media platforms required
• Strong program management skills
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Enjoy working independently and as part of a team
• Ability to think and problem-solve creatively
• Ability to provide guidance to people with a wide range of cultural backgrounds, training and experiences