Must be seeking academic credit for this internship.
Boys & Girls Clubs of America works hard every day to make a difference in the lives of youth in communities all over the world. Our Clubs serve millions of boys and girls, with more than thousands of Clubs at locations in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands -- and on domestic and international U.S. military bases. Club programs and services promote and enhance the development of young people by instilling a sense of competence, usefulness, belonging and pride.
About Brand Management:
Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s (BGCA) brand management team reinforces the power and promise of our brand by being expert storytellers who drive familiarity, affinity and consideration of our brand nationally and through engagement and alignment with local Clubs.
• Project Management - How to manage a project from start to finish.
• Marketing Strategy - How to develop and implement marketing strategies at a national and localized level.
• Data Analysis - How to collect, analyze, and report data pertaining to several key performance indicators.
• Communications - How to develop and manage a communications calendar.
• Content Development - How to source content and develop content distribution strategies.
• Redesign and promotion of internal marketing website, Marketing.BGCA.org
• Assist in the development and distribution of marketing content, resources and trainings for a key BGCA initiative (Holiday)
• Assist in developing the strategic direction for a key BGCA initiative (National Boys & Girls Club Week.
• Manage the submissions for our annual Marketing & Communications Awards
• Assist in development of content for a wide range of channels, including: social media, website, email and print collateral
• Steward relationships with Club marketing professionals through the sharing of engaging and compelling information
• Assist in creating monthly reports that highlight key Marketing initiatives and metrics
• Stay up-to-date and provide on-going research on current marketing trends
• Receive mentoring and shadowing opportunities
• Demonstrate BGCA ICARE values and uphold those same values in others
• Adhere to organizational policies and procedures as described in BGCA's Intern Policy, Ethics Policy and elsewhere
Currently enrolled as Junior or Senior in an undergraduate program or have obtained an undergraduate degree with excellent academic standing. Must have knowledge of and interest in marketing and/or public relations.
Prior marketing internship or work experience highly preferred. Experience in Microsoft Office suite and social media is a must.
Applicants should demonstrate a positive attitude and an interest in Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to manage time appropriately. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Applicants should be self-motivated and able to work independently and collaboratively.
Physical and Mental Requirements
Demonstrated ability in: decision-making: selecting the most appropriate course of action in a given situation; interpersonal skills: establishing personal and professional relationships among diverse internal and external publics; comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities; light duty lifting (30 pounds) possible.