Boys & Girls Clubs of America works hard every day to make a difference in the lives of youth in communities all over the world. Our Clubs serve millions of boys and girls, with thousands of Clubs at locations in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands -- and on domestic and international U.S. military bases. Club programs and services promote and enhance the development of young people by instilling a sense of competence, usefulness, belonging and pride.
• Develop and implement health & wellness programs and strategies to support Clubs nationally
• Manage a year-long program evaluation process to directly support Club communication and evaluation analysis
• Develop and write digital health & wellness content for youth
• Research and write concept papers and literature reviews to guide the development of new health & wellness programmatic content
• Effectively communicate with stakeholders and field at large regarding aspects of health & wellness work
“Be There” Programmatic Support
• Manage communication between BGCA and Club sites implementing RSA, provide support in data collection and submission
• Support collecting pre-post tests, and other process evaluation elements from all participating Ready, Set, Action sites.
• Track Club data from Ready, Set, Action in Excel
Program Content Digitization
• Develop and write youth oriented content for the Positive Club Climate program to integrate into the My.Future platform
• Provide on-going research to support health & wellness initiatives
Currently enrolled as Senior in an undergraduate program or graduate student. Interest in not-for-profit (NGO) and youth development.
Some experience in either implementing or developing health & wellness programming and evaluation preferred. Experience in the youth development field preferred. Experience using Microsoft Office suite. A track record of reliability, some independent work and creativity.
Preferred applications will have demonstrated experience in programmatic evaluation, data entry, and data analysis. Applicants should demonstrate interest in Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Self-motivation and ability to work both independently and collaboratively. Eagerness to learn and creativity. Strong interest in project management in not-for-profit environments. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to manage time appropriately. Professional or business work casual environment.
Physical and Mental Requirements
Demonstrated ability in: decision-making: selecting the most appropriate course of action in a given situation; interpersonal skills: establishing personal and professional relationships among diverse internal and external publics; comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities; light duty lifting (30 pounds) possible.