The Specialist, Social Media is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with social audiences through storytelling and proactive community management. They have an understanding of social media strategy and can bring opportunities to life quickly and have fun while doing so. The Specialist will work with the Manager to create paid and earned social strategies for our campaigns and initiative – including ideation, channel strategy, content production, publishing, monitoring and analyzing. They will demonstrate a relentless pursuit of excellence and steadfast determination in the development and execution of social media activities to efficiently and effectively deliver results.
The Specialist, Social Media will demonstrate Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s ICARE Values – Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
Strategy & Content Producer
Lead discussions with internal teams and external agencies to ideate, execute, and distribute differentiating social media campaigns to support corporate and celebrity partnerships, brand and fundraising. Evaluate and deliver feedback on ideas and creative until excellence is achieved.
Attend events to capture content, prepare onscreen subjects, and conduct interviews. Write, edit and publish content within the same day when necessary.
Embody a content marketing mindset including the ability to marry the strategy with the brand’s attitude, tone & voice.
Curate user generated content (stories), make them stronger, and amplify appropriately.
Build, maintain and execute an annual and monthly social media content calendars.
Successfully manage multiple internal and external initiatives/projects in a deadline driven environment.
Lead adaptation of social media guidebook for clubs to ensure relevancy as platforms and best practices evolve.
Community & Engagement Leader
Schedule, post and manage content on BGCA’s social platforms that effectively reaches target markets.
Serve as a key member of the team, actively monitoring social communities to address issues, ascertain various levels of issues and in our brand voice and tone.
Prioritize and route social media escalations to internal stakeholders and identify appropriate solutions and responses.
Engage in real-time with fans in a positive and proactive manner.
Monitor effective benchmarks (Best Practices) for measuring the impact of campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
Compile and deliver weekly reports on social media performance including KPI’s and benchmarks against competitors.
Extrapolate key findings and results into relatable and actionable insights.
Maintain knowledge of and share current trends and practices in content development, public relations, social media and digital communications.
Provide insights as requested by campaign owners and/or corporate partners for monthly reporting, and for events.
Optimize functionality of enterprise social tools for reporting and workflow.
•Perform special projects as assigned by the Senior Vice President, Marketing & Communications and the Senior Director, Marketing & Communications
• Demonstrate BGCA’s ICARE values, while demonstrating integrity and inclusion at work, each day
• Adhere to organizational policies and procedures as described in BGCA's Employee Handbook, Ethics Policy and elsewhere.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, or Marketingor education/experience equivalency.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in social media, communications, public relations or marketing
• Basic knowledge of Facebook Ad Manager, Twitter Ads, LinkedIn Campaigns and Google Video Ads required
• Ability to interview, write, edit and tell engaging stories
• Working knowledge of graphics, design and photography
• Superior customer service skills and ability to maintain a quality standard consistent with goals of the organization
• Must be able to function in a dynamic team environment
• Must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently
• Proficient in the Microsoft Suite
• Proficient in Social Enterprise tools (we use Sprout)
• Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to manage relationships and navigate complex situations for resolution that benefits all parties
• Strong business acumen; ability to learn the business quickly including related strategic business drivers
• Strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines
• Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Possess a bias for action and avoids workplace distraction
• Physical requirements include: sight, hearing, sitting for four-plus hours a day, walking, or by other means, traveling throughout BGCA building to meet with staff and management or deliver materials; standing, stooping; and skills essential for successful communication, including speaking, writing and reading comprehension. Ability to clearly and concisely exchange ideas, facts and/or design concerns with co-workers, other BGCA staff and vendors either directly or indirectly. Ability to demonstrate judgment and execute sound decisions.
ENVIRONMENTAL & WORKING CONDITIONS
• Normal Office Environment
• Travel estimated at up to 10% (can be up to 1 – 2 days or more in a month, including weekends, depending upon scheduling requirements)