Boys & Girls Clubs of America works hard every day to make a difference in the lives of youth in communities all over the world. Our Clubs serve millions of boys and girls, with thousands of Clubs at locations in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands -- and on domestic and international U.S. military bases. Club programs and services promote and enhance the development of young people by instilling a sense of competence, usefulness, belonging and pride.
We are looking for a driven Accounting Intern with a basic understanding of GAAP and financial principles who is ready for an immersive, real-world experience at a large not-for-profit organization. Under the supervision of Director of Accounting and Senior Accountant of Alliances, the Accounting Intern can expect to participate in the preparation of journal entries and financial reports, analyze actual financial data, and assist with other accounting activities. You should be a motivated team player who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking.
To be a strong candidate for an Accounting Internship, you should possess an understanding of accounting and financial principles. You should be collaborative, receptive to feedback, and eager to learn.
• Assisting with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
• Preparing financial reports, such as balance sheets and income statements, invoices, and other documents.
• Reconciling general ledger accounts.
• Assisting with general accounting month-end closing procedures.
• Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
• Assisting with preparation of year end audit with Big 4 Accounting Firm.
• Learning how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the company or clients.
• Must be a recent graduate or actively working towards a Bachelor’s in Accounting.
• Satisfactory completion of intermediate accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
Strong PC Skills utilizing Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook software.
• High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-starter with a strong desire to learn.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Motivation and strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.