Boys & Girls Clubs of America named "One of the Best Nonprofits to Work for in 2017" Indeed.com
Boys & Girls Clubs of America is the nation's premier youth development organization. Our programs, training and services impact nearly 4 million children and teens every year. We are always looking for qualified professionals with a passion for improving young lives, as a member of our national staff. We have strong values, embrace diversity and offer great benefits to allow our employees to maintain work/life balance.
Under the oversight and limited supervision of the Board of Directors of the Minnesota State Alliance, and in cooperation with Boys & Girls Clubs of America, the Executive Director is responsible for the hands-on, daily management of the state legislative, state funding efforts, grant and business requirements in support of the Alliance. Responsible for developing and maintaining positive relationships with key state government officials and lobbyists. Works closely with the Alliance Board and local clubs to develop statewide projects and programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide hands-on, daily management of the state legislative and state funding efforts in support of the Minnesota Alliance of Boys & Girls Clubs.
• Provide direction to, and collaborate with, contracted lobbyists.
• Provide active guidance and technical assistance to Alliance Board of Directors, and local Boys & Girls Clubs in regard to state legislative and government funding efforts.
• Assist, in program development, policy determination and management decisions of the overall Minnesota Alliance government relations operations.
• Assist in the development and implementation of cultivation and stewardship programs for volunteers, state officials, and key staff, working collaboratively with national headquarters to set the pace for the entire organization.
• In concert with lobbyists, develop and implement a “grassroots” education and awareness campaign for key state officials.
• Submit proposals to state and federal agencies in order to secure funds for Clubs.
Board of Directors
• Provide support and appropriate input to the Board of Directors through board meetings and regular communication.
• Coordinate meetings, support committees and maintain records of the Board.
• Assist in board member recruitment and development.
• Develop, disseminate, collect, maintain and report all financial and program management requirements for funds received.
• Ensure accurate and timely reporting on all grant funds.
• Ensure regular grant invoicing and payments to Clubs.
Business & General Operations
• Develop and maintain day-to-day business processes to include financial accounting and reporting, budgeting, dues collection and reporting, bylaw requirements, insurance, contract oversight, etc.
• Provide oversight of related contractors.
• Engage in relevant professional development and networking opportunities, as directed by the Board of Directors.
• Support the annual Minnesota Youth of the Year celebration and Legislative Day.
• Cultivate relationships with business, political, community, local boards, foundations and media leaders.
• Facilitate relevant statewide networking opportunities for staff leadership.
Resource Development, Marketing & Communications
• Serve as key spokesperson for the Alliance.
• Develop and manage content of Alliance web site. Develop newsletter or other communication tool to keep Alliance members informed.
• Maintain good public relations.
• Develop relationships with Executive staff of member B&GC organizations.
• Seek out opportunities to leverage new private sector investments that benefit Minnesota Clubs.
• Normal internal office environment.
• A permanent physical office is not considered vital to this position, so telecommuting may be available for the successful candidate. While not a requirement, preference for those residing within easy driving distance of the Twin Cities is important. The Minnesota State Alliance of Boys & Girls Clubs is a collaboration of 10 independent member organizations located throughout Minnesota. Each of these Club organizations has their own Board of Directors, operating budget, and staffing, to provide programs and activities in their respective communities. While Clubs in Minnesota are as diverse in size and scope as the state itself, the Alliance provides a unified voice for all, as well as brand consistency and a fellowship-partnership amongst members. Together, we serve 49,290 youth through Club membership and community outreach at 50 Clubs located in traditional Clubhouses, schools, public housing, and on native lands. The Alliance was formed in 1999.