Under the National Vice President, Development, the Regional Development Officer (RDO) brings hands-on experience to anchor donors to the BGCA mission, while annually sustaining and growing special events revenue and Trustee recruitment and engagement. The RDO will enjoy a direct working relationship with a team of high-level Trustees, ensuring their successful engagement in the mission, donor prospecting, personal and fundraising goal achievement. This includes the following objectives:
- Establishing a strategic and systematic focus on engaging high net-worth individuals with major gift capability and inclination.
- Identifying and developing special events, board, and major gift prospects and donors through 145-180 face to face visits annually.
- Managing a portfolio of approximately 150 qualified relationships in a defined territory.
- Meeting or exceeding multi-million dollar annual revenue goals while establishing a pipeline for future years.
- Strategically engaging Board members and senior leaders in the development process.
Develop, Steward and Engage Trustees and Governors
- Engage senior leaders and Board and Trustee members, new and existing, in donor identification and development, while stewarding and cultivating to increase their personal commitment.
- 50% of annual Trustee recruitment should focus on engaging individual philanthropists who have the capacity and interest in making a personal major gift to BGCA. 75% of newly recruited Trustees will have well thought strategy and collaboration between the RDO and Major Gifts team resulting in major gift cultivation and solicitation to a major gifts pipeline.
Develop Special Event and MG/Board Strategy for Defined Region
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, steward and renew prospects while establishing a vibrant portfolio of special event and board prospects to meet or exceed regional special events revenue goals.
- Identify prospects, trustees, and potential philanthropists to host salon dinners that serve to introduce new high net worth potential prospect/donor to BGCA.
- Routinely network with and access Fortune 500 C-level executives in major metropolitan areas, and interact with high net worth individual philanthropists for the purpose of cultivating relationships and developing personal giving.
- Collaborate with BGCA Corporate colleagues when corporate giving interests are expressed, as well as work closely with the Major Gifts team to develop and close individual philanthropic 6-7 figure size gifts.
- Work collaboratively with major gifts colleagues to analyze portfolios and strategize on major gift prospects toward solicitation. Additionally work with corporate colleagues to cultivate individual gifts from corporate partner executives.
- Demonstrate a keen sense of curiosity with donors to understand what compels each donor to give substantially by asking the right questions.
- Successfully align donor interests to BGCA funding priorities.
- Establish collaborative and mutually-beneficial relationships with Clubs, ensuring good value for the Clubs and a seamless ‘one Movement’ experience for donors.
Manage Business Operations of Service
- Serve as key member of the resource development leadership team and ensure effective coordination and communication within the department, across the organization, and with the Boys & Girls Club Movement.
- Guide the development of compelling proposals and oversee the development of creative presentations and reports.
- Provide accurate and timely activity and pipeline reports and revenue forecasts.
- In conjunction with national headquarters core staff (database, research, direct mail), ensure integrity of data.
- Effectively manage BGCA resources including travel and business expenses.
- Collaborate with Resource Development, Club Services team and local organizations.
- Conduct and/or participate in state, regional, and national staff meetings and conferences.
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Major Gifts, National Vice President of Development, Vice President, National Corporate Partnerships, the CEO, CDO and all internal and external stakeholders to ensure all relationships are managed and leveraged effectively for BGCA.
- Research, identify, and investigate new opportunities for funding from a wide variety of philanthropic and individual sources to expand and diversify the donor base and lead to overall BGCA fundraising success.
Lead special projects or national assignments as required by the National Vice President, Development.
Participate and assist in the development of best practices, policy determination and management decisions of the overall national Resource Development operations.
Demonstrate BGCA mission driven I*CARE values, and integrate these beliefs into our environment and ways of work.
Adhere to organizational policies and procedures as described in BGCA’s Employee Handbook, Ethics Policy and elsewhere.
May manage the work of individual contributors in the department.